Monday, May 12, 2008

Paris, Day 3: Monday at Montmartre

Karen and I met up for some fabric shopping today. Unfortunately, it was a public holiday and Reine and its creepy half-size mannequins were closed. We did manage to sate our fabric appetites at Dreyfus, though. Here's what I was wearing (it's number 128 from the April BWOF plus section; I used a top pattern from 8/07 with the same shape in my size and the collar/scarf from the 4/08 magazine):



And here are Karen, Isabelle, and me at a cafe, taken by a very attractive waiter. I kind of wanted to ask him to take a picture with me, but that would have been weird, right? Right?

9 comments:

Vicki said...

Looks like you are having a good time in Paris! Nice clothes :)

Debbie Cook said...

Oh how fun to meet up with Karen and Isabelle.

Elaray said...

I live less than 2 miles from Karen & we've never met. You meet up with her in PARIS! What's wrong with this picture?! Continue to have fun!

MarilynB said...

I was in Paris two weeks ago. What a difference in the weather, it was in the 50's while we were visiting. If you go back to Montmartre, make sure to visit Paris-Tissus, no bargains, but lots of fabrics to drool over. I was disappointed with Reine, so maybe you didn't miss anything.

Those Parisians have holidays all the time. We managed to be there on their Labor Day (May 1) and only the cafes were opened--so we had to eat and drink our way through that day to stay entertained!

The Instructist said...

Can I say, I LOVE that you are posting vacation pictures with the clothes prominently featured? Enjoy Paris!

Melissa said...

That is a super cute dress! Looks like you're having fun. Can't wait to read the next "installment" of you trip.

Rose said...

Very very charming! I like the color combination--lovely and springlike. I'm very glad that you were able to get your luggage. I'm enjoying the live fashion show with the Parisian backgrounds, although it is amusing because sometimes I'm looking more at the clothing than the scenery (even more so than when I look at a fashion magazine)! Well-played!

narcissaqtpie said...

Love this dress! Thanks for sharing your trip!

Karen said...

Enjoy the rest of your stay. Thanks for posting the picture - love how well my sunburn shows up! Who expected a sunburn in Paris? In May? Glad we could go shopping - I went back to Reine on Tuesday and did a little damage which I will post when I have the strength.