Monday, December 14, 2009

'Tis the Season...

...not to have to time to sew. Boo. But there are compensating factors

Cookie Baking 2009

Three friends and I have been making mounds of cookies for the holidays for about 6 years now. One of the girls is in Moldova, but her roommate joined us in her stead. We skyped her in and it was almost like she was actually there.

Let's take a closer look at those cookies, shall we?

Cookie Baking 2009

Clockwise from top left: Sugar Cookies, Mexican Wedding Cookies, Peanut Butter & Chocolate Whirls, Rolo Cookies (also at lower left), Snickerdoodles, Macaroons, Chocolate Crackles, and Chocolate Chips. There would have been lemon bars but I managed to burn both pans. There were more cookies on the cooling racks, but this is most of them.

This is an all day affair!

I leave for Texas on Friday so no more sewing for me until I get back. I'm scheduled to be back home on the 26th so maybe I'll have time for one last project in 2009 when I get back. Although I won't be sewing this week I hope to review a couple more projects before the year ends!

=================================

I have been getting a rash of spam comments lately. Is this happening to anyone else lately? For now I am just deleting them as they come and don't intend to change anything (they're not anonymous comments, so disallowing anons won't help), but I'll keep you posted.

25 comments:

KID, MD said...

Yummy!!! Those PB and Chocolate swirls are making me drool. Have fun in TX! We're friendly folks.

I've actually been getting a ton of non-anonymous spam, too. Pretty annoying.

senaSews said...

Hmmhh, that looks yummy! Merry christmas!

Carolyn (Diary of a Sewing Fanatic) said...

That's alot of cookie making! What do you do with all of them? Have a great time in Texas! And yes, I've been getting them too. I just delete them...que sera sera.

Pamela said...

Merry Christmas! There is always someone who tries to bring down a success. I see your blog as a success - don't let idiots deter you from continuing!

judy said...

Looks scrumptious!

teresa said...

Looks like fun. Not a lot of people even know where Moldova is. At least that was what I learned the first and second time I went there. Wonderful people. Happy holidays!

Birgitte said...

Enough yummy treats to pile on the pounds- a good thing I'm far away!!! I'm in love with that pink wall!
Yes, I just got a string of spam in one go-ping,ping ping, all from one and the same, first time this has happened.
Merry Christmas!

badmomgoodmom said...

Yum!

Yes, I've been getting spam messages, too. It increased a couple of weeks ago. I just delete them as they come in.

Ann Made Studio said...

MmMmmmMMM they all look delicious.

I've been getting the spam too and have reported them to blogger.I've asked if others would too...there are so many every day now and they are very annoying at this point.. We'll see what happens.

Adelaide B said...

I just started getting some spam comments last night, 5 or 6 on different entries from the same blogger account. Annoying, but I just went through and deleted them.

On a nicer note, mmmmm cookies. My sworn enemy and beloved friend. I do make some cookies, but quickbreads are my winter treat. And what I give away at Xmas. This year will be gingerbread and pumpkin cream cheese bread. Those cookies do look awful good though.

Lisette M said...

Those cookies look delicious, and yes I have been getting those comments too

Meg said...

Omigosh, I want to eat all of those cookies RIGHT NOW!

Yes, me too, been spammed.

Faye Lewis said...

Have a safe and wonderful holiday!

Vicki said...

Yes, even I who has not posted in 100 years got spam comments. I wonder what the purpose is? Anyway, back to cookies....mmmmmm yum.

Christina said...

I'm glad to hear I'm in the same boat as everyone else! I've been getting a lot of comment spam too, especially on older posts. I have blogger set up so that comments on posts older than 14(?) days are moderated, so fortunately I can delete most of them before they are published to my blog, you might want to try that.

Those look like great cookies!

kbenco said...

They look delcious.

Brenda said...

I have been getting spam also. Yummy looking cookies! Merry Christmas.

Uta said...

Delicious! Have a safe trip, and wonderful holidays!

Noile said...

WordPress has great spam-filtering; I rarely have to delete any on my own. Just a thought!

BrusselsSprout_Katharine said...

Mmmmm! What do you do, take a few of each and than collaboratively have a supply of homemade cookies? Those spam comments. I got some before--hawking watches and stuff. They're spambots crawling the web.

Anonymous said...

Have a good Christmas in Texas. I am another getting spam and then deleting them.

Jackie said...

Those cookies look yummy.

Sigrid said...

Getting hungry for cookies looking at the pictures. What a lovely tradition to bake these with friends each year.

I wrote a post today about the annoying spam, and now see that it's a more general problem.

Anonymous said...

I also baked last week, then packed everything up (in little Martha Stewart boxes), and mailed out to family... but I wasn't clever enough to take pics... maybe next year, yours look terrific!

Orchidophile said...

Those peanut butter and chocolate whirls look delicious!