Monday, April 27, 2009

Podcast and Stashoholism Confessional

I started to make the 03-2009-104 high waisted pencil skirt and found to my horror that I had no medium weight white interfacing at all! I would have used a heavy weight, but my fabric has some stretch that I wanted to preserve. So I had to take a trip to the Joann for some white stretch interfacing and some medium weight white interfacing.

4-24-09 JoannI looked at the fabric while I was there, as this was not my normal Joann and it seemed a little larger with a little better selection. There were some cute cotton prints, but nothing I absolutely had to have (especially at Joann's inflated prices) so I picked up some patterns and headed to the cutting table with my interfacing. The woman in front of me was buying a bunch of denim, and one of the bolts was a great medium weight stretch dark denim and I suddenly had the vision of 04-2009-115 made up in denim for a flirty going out dress and had to have it.

I didn't have time to sew over the weekend, alas, so no progress on the jacket. I was going to do it Sunday night, but then Cidell called and said she was on her way over! Very exciting. DC and Baltimore aren't so very far apart, but far enough that we don't get to see each other in person very often so it's a real treat when we do. Our main goal was to get pizza at Pete's New Haven Pizza, but before we headed out to dinner we did a podcast!

After a few requests, here are some show notes:

Tracy Reese Sally Hanson nail colors from All Lacquered Up

Cidell's post on the Anthropologie Dress

Vogue 1086 Tracy Reece sun dress design

Burda [World of Fashion] April

Burda [World of Fashion] May

Cynthia Rowley for Simplicity

You can listen to the podcast below, download it on Podbean, or subscribe to us on iTunes.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Keep the podcasts coming! More often, please. You and Cendel (sp?) have revived my interesting sewing. You guys turned me on to BWOF. I subscribed to the magazine now. I didn't think it was possible to sew clothing that fits and hold down a full-time job. I couldn't do it when I worked.

Could you talk about how you get your sewing patterns to fit properly? I still haven't gotten that down yet.

Thanks.
Your friend in sewing,
cpr

Lisette M said...

As always I enjoyed your podcast, keep them coming!!
Cynthia Rowley has a line of really nice eyeglass frames, check them out!

BrusselsSprout_Katharine said...

Oh no, the dreaded going into the fabric store for just one thing, coming out with an armful situation. Been there! Thanks for the podcast update, I'll tune in soon :) Missed you guys!

Sherril said...

Tell Cidell you want to make gaucho pants. Maybe she'll like the sound of that, even though they are the same as collates (good grief how do you spell it?).

Sew-4-Fun said...

Thanks for the podcast. I always enjoy them. I'll listen to it this afternoon while my kids are having their swimming lessons. Great timing. :)