In an effort to clear out my review backlog, here's a project I did over the summer and took pictures of and everything. I've just been too lazy to write about it.
I loved the look of this one when it came out in the magazine and when everyone started making it I loved it even more. For my version I busted out some silk dupioni I had bargained for at Chic Fabrics in NYC when I was there for Mermaid Parade.
The only challenge was limited fabric, as I'd only bought 1 yard but it was 60 wide. I had to cut it out on the crossgrain instead of grain to get it to fit (I notice no grain issues from this), I pieced the shoulder yoke with a CB seam, and I did the under-collar with that same olive/bronze dupioni I've been using for everything lately. The smallest size this comes in is a 38 so I had to size it down two sizes; it's only a semi-fitted style so the fit is fine. The gorgeous 1" shell buttons were a gift from Carolyn when Cidell and I stopped by on our way home from PR Weekend 2007.
Although this blouse looked great on everyone else I really feel very meh about it on me. There's something wrong with the length of it, and the blousiness at the waist is not something I normally do (though I've been experimenting with it lately) so it doesn't match my usual silhouette and I am not good with change. There were no technical issues and I can't quite put my finger on it, but I just was not pleased with this. Hopefully in the Spring when I can wear it again I'll like it better.
There's not much more to see, but all photos are here and the review is here.