Friday, November 21, 2008

Back Home, Off Again, and a Podcast

After my very quick trip to Paris I finally made it home yesterday. I didn't get a chance to do much in Paris but work, but I did get to have a lovely evening with Isabelle of Kitty Couture! I got to see the little bits of sewing space she has carved out of her Paris apartment while we drank our kir and then we headed off to dinner. Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet up with Karen as she was sick but next time!

I finished the skirt and wore it with the suit and it looked lovely, though the wool wrinkled like crazy. I need to find some kind of sizing or something to give it more body. I lined it, so that's not the issue. I also knocked out a quick cowl top in the morning before being picked up by the Super Shuttle.

As soon as I got home I started a version of Simplicity 3775 from the plaid knit I got at G Street last time. It kept me awake until 8 (as late as I *had* to stay up to fight jet lag) and I finished it this morning when jet lag woke me up at 6.

After one night in my own bed I headed back onto the road, taking the train to Cidell's where we ate cake and podcasted (you can download it here or on itunes under trenabdc). In the morning we're off to Philly for a sewing meetup. Wish my credit card luck. `-)

7 comments:

Vicki said...

Have fun! I'm looking forward to listening to the podcast - you guys are such fun.

Elaray said...

Paris, Baltimore, Philadelphia, possibly NY. What I busy week! I wish I had the energy to do that!
Don't worry, your credit card knows when to stop!!!

Anonymous said...

Hooray! New things to listen to on my walk home tonight! (You two are much more entertaining than Radio 4)

I'm interested to see your plaid dress, too. I've got that pattern in my stash and seen it sewn up zillions of different ways but still haven't quite had the impetus to make it myself yet...

Lisette M said...

As always I truly enjoyed the podcast. Looking forward to your impressions of Fabric Row, I was there once on a bus trip that left from Baltimore.

Little Hunting Creek said...

Philly is so close - I'd love to hear all about it. Best sub sandwices ever in Reading Terminal Market. My son says way better than anything in Paris :)

mem said...

I am so envious . Australia is so far away from everwhere except itself! The wrinkleing wool may be fixed by underlining with silk organza . I know that it certainly works with lots of other fabrics like linen so I imagine it would with wool

badmomgoodmom said...

It was great fun to listen to your podcast and flip through Oct and Nov 2008 BWOF in bed with my laptop. DH did not think it was so fun.